Chocolate Peanut Butter Clouds are large, delightful cookies–rich and tender with an intense chocolate flavor, like miniature chocolate cakes. Creamy peanut butter frosting adorns the cookies and melts in your mouth with each bite.
Decorate with sprinkles, chopped nuts, or grated chocolate. Store the cookies in a covered container, or freeze extras, layering them between sheets of waxed paper or parchment.
Directions (Makes 3 dozen)
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or peanuts)
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. For best results, cover baking sheets with parchment. If you don’t have parchment, lightly grease the baking sheets.
3. In a small pan on low heat, or in the microwave at 20-second intervals, heat the unsweetened chocolate and milk together. Stir well until chocolate is completely melted (small flecks of chocolate are okay) and let the mixture cool.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar and butter.
5. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
6. Add cooled chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly, scraping the sides of the bowl.
7. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the sour cream and baking soda. Set aside.
8. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
9. Alternately add the flour mixture and the sour cream mixture to the bowl, one-third of each at a time, beginning with the flour and ending with the sour cream. Mix just until combined.
10. Stir in nuts.
11. Drop a rounded tablespoon of dough 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets, using a small cookie scoop (for uniform cookies) or spoon.
12. Bake for 11-12 minutes. The cookie should feel firm and spring back when pressed gently.
13. Slide parchment and cookies onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Peanut Butter Frosting Directions
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup cream
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 ¼ cups powdered sugar (more if necessary)
1. In a small pan on low heat, combine the white chocolate chips, cream, and peanut butter. Stir frequently until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk in the vanilla, salt, and 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Add remaining powdered sugar (or more if necessary to make a thick, creamy frosting). Whisk or stir well until smooth.
3. When completely cool, spread on cookies and decorate if desired.
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.