10 Best Walt Disney World Rides For Kids & Families
The thrill of your children seeing their favorite characters and scenes played before their eyes are well worth a trip to Walt Disney World. The world famous park has been designed for people of all ages and there are activities for all the different types of park goers. To help make your trip easier, here is my list of the 10 best Walt Disney World rides for families and kids.
It’s a Small World, Fantasyland – Classic, iconic Disney that no matter how many times you visit is simply magical! Animatronic characters that represent all parts of the world coming together in harmony while you take a slow boat ride throughout.
2. Under the Sea-Journey of The Little Mermaid, Fantasyland – One of the most cherished little girls Disney films will come to life for you with areas that contain everything from Ariel’s grotto to a finale at her and Eric’s wedding.
3. Peter Pan’s Flight, Fantasyland – Ride in a magical Pirate ship over London and through Neverland and see beloved characters like Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, and even Tick Tock Croc as they have adventures. Maybe a little bit scary for younger children.
4. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland – This ride is fun for boys and girls, kids and parents. A glowing and brightly colored game of laser tag that takes place from your seat, try to defeat Zurg as a team.
5. Enchanted Tiki Room, Adventureland – This is not a ride, rather its more like a show but I wanted to include it because it is perfect for the whole family from babies to grandma. Bright colored birds hang down from the ceiling- singing, chirping, and putting on a fun hand clapping show for your enjoyment.
6. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, Fantasyland – Even the baby of the family can ride this one! Load the whole family on and choose your horses to enjoy a simple, slow ride in a traditional carousel with a Disney twist.
7. Pirate’s of the Caribbean, Adventureland -This ride can be a bit intimidating for the younger set but anyone who loves pirates will want to ride this one over and over again.
8. Mad Tea Party, Fantasyland – While not ideal for toddlers, expecting moms, elderly, or those with seizure disorders this ride that is one of Disney’s original park staples can be a hilarious family fun ride-spinning and twirling to silly music.
9. Dumbo The Flying Elephant, Fantasyland– This ride is not quite the same as the one you remember from your childhood, it has been made over (and is much better in my opinion). While you do wait outside for a portion of the line the majority of your wait will be spent inside where the kids can play in a circus-themed room while waiting for your turn.
10. Tom Sawyer Island, Frontierland -While not entirely a ride, it does include a slow ride on a wooden raft over to the island where you can explore and admire this rustic island inspired by Mark Twain. It is a fun and laid back part of the park that is often missed but I don’t think it should be!
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!