I love the exotic flavors of Thai food- the hint of sweet with savory and the richness of the spices. I’m always trying to come up with new recipes to satisfy my tastebuds. Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter is an ingredient that I use in a lot of my Thai inspired dinners. It’s so much more than a spread and really enhances the taste of a lot of my recipes. One of favourites is this Thai Peanut & Coconut soup. Not only is this soup easy to make, but is ready in less than 30 minutes start to finish.
Thai Peanut & Coconut Soup
½ cup Kraft Peanut Butter, Smooth
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
2 tsp. Lime juice
½ tsp. finely grated lime zest
1 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 T. soy sauce
½ onion, finely diced
1 tsp. Ginger paste
1 tsp. paprika
½ tsp. Red pepper flakes
1 T. butter
1 T. all-purpose flour
1. Place butter and diced onions in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute until the onions just begin to turn translucent.
2. Stir in garlic, ginger, paprika, and red pepper flakes, cooking for 1 minute, careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Add in soy sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, flour, and chicken broth until well mixed, reduce heat to simmer until it begins to thicken.
4. Stir in the peanut butter until melted and allow to cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently over low heat. You will love how much it upgrades the flavour of the soup!
5. Serve your soup with a dollop of coconut milk, a pinch of crushed peanuts, or diced green onions so that it is a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
This soup freezes beautifully so proportion whatever leftovers you have, allow to cool and place in freezer safe zippered bags.
Kraft wants to promote families to spend more time together through their Make Together – Stick Together campaign. Using just one jar of their peanut butter, you can find endless inspiration when creating recipes that the whole family can make. Try making my Peanut & Coconut Soup or visit sticktogether.ca to find some delicious recipes to try tonight.
Be inspired! Kraft Canada wants to help you get started on making tasty dishes with their Peanut Butter. Enter the #KraftPeanutBetterIt contest below for a chance to win a grand prize valued at $500 – includes a $300 VISA gift card and yummy Kraft Peanut Butter products.
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC, the opinions and language are my own.