Chances are if you celebrate Christmas, your tree has or is about to go up this week. Putting up a Christmas tree is a big job and there is nothing worse than wrapping the lights around the branches! When that is done though the fun begins! Parents and kids a like enjoy decorating the tree with the ornaments they have collected over the years.
This year, add a new special ornament to your tree by making these fun Christmas Tree Cinnamon Ornaments. There fun to make and you’ll get to spend extra quality time with the kids before the holidays.
4 oz ground cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
You will also need
Christmas tree cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, and applesauce and mix well
3. Use your hands and form your dough into a ball
4. Sprinkle a little cinnamon onto a piece of parchment paper
5. Roll your dough out onto the parchment paper about 1/4″ inch thick
6. Use your tree cookie cutter, and cut out several Christmas trees
7. Place your Christmas trees onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
8. Use the top of your straw to cut out little circles from the tops of your Christmas trees
9. Bake for 2 hours in a 200 degree oven
10. Let your Christmas tree ornaments cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes
11. String your ornaments with a little decorative string or ribbon and hang them up on your tree and your whole house will smell delicious.