Stay Active With Netflix ‘Dragons: Race to the Edge’ Fun #NetflixStreamTeam
With all the seemingly limitless technology, kids are often rooted in the latest video game or connected to a device for hours. Getting your kids up and moving can be a challenge, but you can inspire a family adventure and stay active with Netflix and their latest amazing entertainment offering, ‘Dragons: Race to the Edge’ fun.
Movies and television shows speak to us all in a way that sparks our imaginations, inspires us with moving stories, and urges us to create an adventure of our own. What better way to get through the tech-savvy generation than with a TV show or movie that takes you into world with creatures like dragons or lets you explore new areas only limited by what we can dream.
Netflix has created ‘Dragons: Race to the Edge’ with family adventure in mind. Hiccup and Toothless, the loveable stars from the ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ films, are on a new quest. The fan-favorite characters soar beyond their home of Berk, and discover new dragons with amazing abilities like using shock waves, firing cannon balls, and harnessing fire blasts. Then, when Hiccup discovers an artifact on an abandoned ship – Dragon Eye – he learns there is more outside the confines of Berk, and that the discovery “changes everything.”
Invite your kids to harness their inner Dragon Rider and explore the world around them. Use Hiccup and Toothless’ new adventures as inspiration and share their epic stories on Instagram and your other social media accounts. We’ve found several great dragon-themed games that will get your family up, moving, and staying active while using their imagination!
Get out your craft kits, grab the recycle bin, and bring out your kids bikes to combine creativity and exercise into one adventure that will make memories.
- Have your children decorate their bikes, helmets, and elbow/knee pads with streamers, some cardboard cut into the shape of a dragon tail, or whatever their imagination creates.
- When everyone has their bikes decorated, use chalk to outline a small track for the race. Make sure to note everyone must stay in their lane to prevent accidents.
- Begin the race and enjoy active kids proudly displaying their work!
If you need a game that is simple, but will get your kids chasing each other and laughing, Dragon Trails is easy and can be played over and over again.
- Using scarves, bandanas, ties, or whatever you whatever you have on hand, tuck the “tail” into the back of each players waistband or back pocket.
- Start the kids in a staggered circle, facing each other. Have players take turns starting the game by yelling, “Begin!”
- When the game begins, each child tries to snatch other players’ “tail” while protecting their own.
- Once a player’s tail is taken, they are out and cheer on their fellow players from the sidelines until the next round. The player who collects the most tails wins.
If you want some more family-friendly shows to inspire more games, activities, and adventures, try one of these Netflix choices…
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Or these kid-friendly flicks…
Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie
H2O: Mermaid Adventures: Season 2
Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.: Season 2 (due out 7/28)
Turbo FAST (new episodes 7/31)
What are your family’s favorite action-packed films on Netflix? Share your must-watch series or movies in the comment section below!