St. Patrick’s Day Bites Recipe
Who doesn’t love a day filled with leprechauns and four leaf clovers?
Enjoy the fun day with these delicious St Patrick’s Day bites made with a green colored cream cheese base and wafer bottom.
The bites are also perfect way to get young children involved in preparing for the day. My toddler absolutely loved adding and mixing the ingredients all by herself.
May the luck of the Irish be with you while baking!
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ￼ 1/4 teaspoon of Almond Extract
- ￼ 8 drops of green food colouring
- 8 Vanilla Wafers
- White melting chocolate
- Yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Beat the cream cheese, and sugar together in a large bowl
- Add in the egg, vanilla, almond, and the food colouring
- Make sure it is mixed well
- Line 8 muffin cups with a paper liner
- Place 1 of the vanilla wafers in the bottom of each cup
- Spoon the batter on top of each wafer filling each cup until ½ full
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Melt your white chocolate and add in yellow food colouring
- Drizzle the “golden” chocolate on top of each muffin.
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.