Do your children love bananas? If so, they will Go Bananas! over this delicious cake which combines two of the best food pairings in all of baking – banana and chocolate!
Instead of traditional banana bread, this Go Bananas recipe is cake based with a chocolate and nutty frosting on top. My daughter, Ava, not only loved eating this delicious cake, but also had a fun afternoon being mommy’s baking assistant. She loved pouring all the ingredients into the bowl and stirring the mix. Although, I believe her favorite part was licking the spoon whenever she got the chance!
4 Very Ripe Bananas
1/2 Cups Sour Cream
1 tsp Cinamminon
1 3.4 oz Banana Cream Pudding Mix
1/3 Cup of Oil
1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mask Bananas until creamy and smooth
3. Add sour cream, cinnamon, pudding, eggs and oil and mix until well blended.
4. Add the cake mix and blend until smooth.
5. Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
4 oz. Cream cheese softened to room temperature
4 T. Butter softened to room temperature
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Cup cocoa
1 T. ligh corn syrup
2 cups confestioners sugar
1 cup of crushed pecans
1 cup crushed dark chocolate morsels.
1. Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth, add vanilla, corn syrup, cocoa and sugar and mix until smooth.
2. Add frosting to cooled banana cake
3. Mix crushed Pecans and chocolate morsels.
4. Using your hand cupped around the cake, pour the mixture into your hand and press lightly into the chocolate frosting until cake is completely covered.
Check out more recipes in Celeb Baby Laundry’s food section.