Being a mom to a four-year-old and pregnant with twins, I don’t have a lot of spare time on my hands and when I do my energy is all about gone. However, I still want to enjoy the holidays and bake special treats like I do each year before the celebrations start. That’s why I created these Fast & Easy Peppermint Holiday Cookies. Not only can my daughter join in the fun of helping, but they whole preparation process takes about 10 minutes. Best of all though the cookies taste just as good as cookies that take much longer to prepare!
1 box of white cake mix, any brand
2 tbs. flour
1/2 C. vegetable oil
2 egg whites
3/4 C. Andes peppermint baking bits (you could also substitute crushed peppermints if needed)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the cake mix, flour, vegetable oil and egg whites. Mix well.
3. Add in the peppermint baking bits, mixing well.
4. Scoop a tablespoon at a time of the cookie dough and roll into a ball using your hands. Place 2-3″ a part on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake.
*Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.