It’s time to indulge and what better way than with a truffle bomb!
Take time out of your busy schedule as a mom and unwind by making this delicious recipe. Better Yet, send the kids over to their grandparents house for the night and complete a romantic dinner with this homemade Truffle Bomb. Indulge in chocolate and one another!
If you can’t get the night alone, this chocolate dessert is perfect for parties and small get-togethers. Guests will sure to be impressed when they find out that the bomb is homemade.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 oz. package of powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (hot)
- 8 oz. chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream.
- 9 oz. chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- Pre-heat over 325∞F.
- Coat a 2 hemisphere pans with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate and cocoa, add the boiling water, and whisk to combine and melt the chocolate. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the buttermilk and vanillaóthe batter may look curdled.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture (in 3 additions) with the chocolate mixture (in 2 additions), ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour evenly into each half of the hemispher pans.
- Bake until the until inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan add water and gelatin.
- Whisk in eggs and sugar.
- Stir in hot milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Mix in chopped chocolate, stir until chocolate has melted, let cool.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Remove bowl lined with cookie dough from freezer and pour in mousse mixture. Smooth the top to even with a rubber spatula. Place in the freezer until firm, 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Place heavy cream in a large microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave at 40 second intervals until hot.
- Mix in chocolate.
- Add corn syrup.
- Stir until combined. Transfer to a measuring cup with a pour spout.
- Pour glaze over entire surface of bombe.
- Allow the dessert to stand until the glaze dripping subsides. Repeat until al glaze is used.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate around the bottom, add whipped cream and a cherry. Enjoy.
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.