Spice up your oatmeal cookie for Easter!
These soft and mouth-watering oatmeal cookies have been turned into festive Easter cookies with the help of specially coloured M&M candies. The M&M’s are pastel colored and can be found at most chain stores that carry Easter candy.
Try making the oatmeal cookies with your children. With lots of ingredients to dump and mix, children will feel like little helpers in the baking process.
Leave one or two out the night before Easter for the Easter Bunny! Don’t forget the milk!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup Easter themed M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, then blend into the butter sugars mixture. Add vanilla, stir and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, and salt, stirring well. Add oats and stir to combine. Blend in the wet mixture until the cookie dough is thoroughly mixed. Gently fold in the M&M candies.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan and cool on wire racks.
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.