Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake is super easy to make and should be made 1-2 days in advance so it makes party planning easy! I love how every guest raves over how rich and delicious it is and it serves a ton because you’ll need to cut the slices small because it’s so rich.
And, you can customize this dessert to your liking, changing the flavors of cake, ice cream, candies and topping! Your possibilities are endless!
1 box chocolate cake mix and ingredients to make cake (or use your favorite cake mix)
1.5 quarts of ice cream (I used Edy’s Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup)
1 jar Smucker’s Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping
1 package Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Minis, chopped
8 or 9″ springform pan
8 or 9″ round cake pan
(It’s easiest if you have both the same size. I had an 8″ round cake pan and an 8″ springform pan.)
- Prepare and bake the cake according to the package directions. I always make one round and 12 cupcakes and save the cupcakes for later (they freeze well). Let cool completely and store covered overnight to assemble the next day.
- Using a springform pan, scoop half of the ice cream in the bottom and press down to flatten.
- Microwave the hot fudge per the directions on the jar and spoon about half onto the ice cream. Yes, the ice cream will begin to melt a little and mix in, just do your best.
- Remove the prepared cake from the round pan and place on top of the ice cream and fudge. Top with remaining fudge and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Place in freezer and freeze for at least four hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and let set for about 5-10 minutes. I don’t let mine set too long, I just use a heavy duty knife to cut it into small pieces. (The image pictured is about two servings).
Your guests will rave about this super quick, super easy, super rich, super delicious dessert!