Pregnancy changes a woman’s body in many ways, but maintaining a healthy weight and body is one of the most important factors. Taking care yourself during your pregnancy is the best gift you can give you and your baby. This Skinny BLT Sandwich Wrap is a healthier revamp of a comfort-food favorite that will make a delicious post-baby body meal. It tastes indulgent, but this recipe slashes calories and fat to keep you nourished and happy.
Related: Recipe: Go Bananas! Cake
1 Package of Turkey Bacon
1 Package of Tortillas or Flat Bread
1 Container of Hummus
1 Head of Lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bake turkey bacon in the oven on a rack or cookie sheet so the grease and fat can drip away. Make sure you place the tray of bacon on the lower rack of your oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes until crispy.
3. Warm tortillas or flat bread so it is pliable, but not hot.
4. Clean and slice tomato along with the lettuce.
5. Spread hummus across the tortilla and layer lettuce, tomato slices, and cooled bacon.
6. Roll the BLT into a sandwich and devour!
Swapping the less-healthy ingredients for better options not only decreases calories and fat, but increases flavor. There is no sacrifice in taste and with these better-for-you BLT sandwich wraps. By removing the calorie-packed mayo in favor of hummus and switching out thick bread for a tortilla, you can instantly cut calories and amplify the taste.