Fudge Bunnies – Fun Easter Treat for the Family
Easter is coming up quickly, so make sure you Pin this recipe for Fudge Bunnies, a fun Easter treat for the family. Get your kids in the kitchen and interested in cooking with fun recipes that kids of all ages will love. The cute and colorful bunnies will be a hit at any party and be a great addition to homemade Easter basket treats!
Related: Homemade Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
1/2 (6oz) bag of white chocolate chips
1/ stick (1/4) stick softened butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 small can (2.5oz) evaporated milk
1/2 small jar (3.5oz) of marshmallow fluff
Pink and purple gel food coloring
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Pink and purple sugar sprinkles
Bunny silicone mold
2 Small spoon
Medium sized heavy bottom pot
2 Small bowls for color mixing
1. Place a 1/4 teaspoon of your sprinkles in the bottom of each bunny mold.
2. In a medium sized pot, combine your butter, evaporated milk, and sugar.
3. Cook on medium to low heat until your candy thermometer reaches 240°, stir constantly with a spatula. (Do not cook over 240° as your sugar will burn.)
4. Take off pot off the heat heat and mix in chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff until melted.
5. Add in your vanilla extract and mix.
6. Quickly divide your liquid fudge into 2 separate bowls and add a couple drops of food coloring to each bowl and mix.
7. Quickly pour your fudge into your bunny molds, you can mix colors or keep each bunny a separate color.
8. Set in the fridge for an hour until your fudge sets.
9. Carefully stretch the sides of your molds and press up on the bottom to get your bunny fudge out.
There is something about cooking and creating food with kids that makes the bonding so much easier. Being in the kitchen and working together will be a great memory for years to come. What’s your favorite memory of cooking with your family? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.