Tips for Surviving the First 3 Months of Motherhood
When it comes to being a new mother, there is not a more amazing yet stressful time of your life! You get to experience the brand new life that you just brought into the world, however it can get to be a bit overwhelming! Babies can just be a whole lot of work and there is so much to do because well, they are babies! Babies just tend to require a whole lot of attention. If you find yourself feeling a bit crazy and stressed out, just try to stay as calm as you possibly can! Here are a few tips to ease that stress and make your new life of motherhood a bit easier for you!
1. Try to be as organized as you can: A really great way to ease some of that stress of being a mother is to try to stay as organized as you possibly can! Try to keep things in place as much as you can, keep clothes and diapers organized as best as you can. This way when it comes to finding things when you need them, they are easily accessible!
2. Be Realistic in the Household: When it comes to keeping the house clean and tidy, don’t stress yourself out too much about it! Although I don’t think that you should let things get completely chaotic and out of hand, don’t worry too much about keeping everything completely spotless.
3. Try to Get into Routine: Babies tend to work best when they are put on a regular routine and they typically freak out a bit if things get out of routine. Do your best to get your into a regular routine and stick to it the best you can.
4. Rest Whenever Possible: Typically, babies wake up several times throughout the night and they rest and nap all throughout the day. When you get so much broken sleep from being woken up by baby, you can begin to get really exhausted! I highly recommend that you rest and sleep whenever your baby is sleeping! If you are on the same schedule as them, waking up so often won’t be quite as tough on your body!
5. Ask for Help: Just because you are the mother of that precious new baby doesn’t mean that you have to do absolutely everything for the baby! Don’t be ashamed to ask someone for help! There is usually always SOMEONE around that can help you out and it is not a bad thing to ask for it. If you have help whenever there are people around, you will feel less stressed when it comes to you being alone with your baby.
There you go! These are just a few really simple ways to make being a new mother a bit easier for you! Don’t stress about it and don’t allow yourself to get too overwhelmed. Don’t make things more difficult than they need to be, allow yourself to remain calm and actually enjoy that brand new beautiful bundle of joy that you just brought home!