21 Kids’ Books to Encourage Healthy Eating Habits
I doubt I’m the only parent that has a three-year-old that hates eating vegetables! I swear my daughter could live on french fries, cookies and other fat happy food if I let her. As a parent, who has suffered withweight issues since a child, I’m trying to teach her about eating healthy at a young age. These 21 kids books are not only great reads, but help encourage young children to eat healthier food.
1. The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food
2. Little Pea – A hilarious story about a pea that has to eat five pieces of candy before he can have his favorite dessert–vegetables!
3. Oh, The Things You Can Do That Are Good for You: All About Staying Healthy
4. Eat Healthy, Feel Great
5. Eating the Alphabet – Choose one to eat every day as you work through the book!
6. Kids’ Fun and Healthy Cookbook
7. Mealtime (Toddler Tools)
8. Eat Your Greens, Goldilocks!: A Story About Healthy Eating
9. Good Enough to Eat: A Kid’s Guide to Food and Nutrition
10. Gregory, the Terrible Eater
11. Eat Lots of Colors: A Colorful Look at Healthy Nutrition for Children
12. I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato
13. Monsters Don’t Eat Broccoli
14. The Seven Silly Eaters
15. D.W. the Picky Eater
16. Rah, Rah, Radishes!: A Vegetable Chant
17. Eruption of Cola Mountain
18. A Giraffe Called Ned: His Poor Diet Caused His Spots to Turn Blue!
19. End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad (Kitchen Club Kids)
20. Choose Good Food!: My Eating Tips
21. The UnPopular Pea (& Carrot)
Do you have other books you would recommend?