Pumpkin Spiced Muffin with Baked Apple Brownie – Easy and Delicious Fall Recipe
Fall is finally here! Flavors of the autumn season are rich and so hearty. These Pumpkin Spiced Muffin with Baked Apple Brownie is an easy and delicious fall recipe that will have your kids begging for more.
Pumpkin Spiced Muffins
2 eggs, 3 egg whites
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 cups pumpkin purée (canned is fine)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup Truvia to reduced sugar)
1/2 lb. unsalted butter, melted
4 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
3 Tablespoons ground ginger
1 respectable pinch of cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl until well blended.
3. Gently whisk dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Do not over-beat.
5. Spoon batter into a well-greased muffin tin and bake until golden brown – around 30-35 minutes.
You can cheat and use boxed brownie mix or create your own with this recipe…
10 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. instant coffee powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Related: Truffle Bomb Dessert Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Met butter in a pan over light heat.
3. Add sugars, cocoa powder and the salt, mixing to combine well.
4. Remove mix from heat and let it cool so it is warm – not hot.
5. Add vanilla, eggs, and instant coffee powder, stir.
6. Fold in flour and pour into a greased, or preferably parchment-lined, 8 inch square baking pan.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Baked Apple Slices
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss apple slices in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Shake off excess and place slices on a greased tray.
3. Bake, tossing slices every 10 minutes until tender.
1. Chop walnuts, set aside.
2. Using a sharp knife cut of the top of the Pumpkin Spiced Muffin and top with a baked apple slice. Place a mini-Brownie on top and drizzle chocolate syrup.
Enjoy these rich and delicious treats that are a decadent taste of fall! Serve warm for an extra homey touch.