Nothing cools you down from the heat of summer like a frozen treat, and popsicles just have to top that list! We keep them on hand all summer and usually make them ourselves. While we do enjoy the occasional super sweet treat most of the time we like to rely on the natural sugar and delicious flavor of fruit with a kicker of golden honey. These tropical drink inspired pops are tasty and healthy for your kids (and you!) so you can all indulge guilt free. Grab these ingredients and give them a try, you will get sticky smiles in return!
1 cup coconut water
⅓ cup mango chunks
½ cup pineapple chunks
honey to taste
1. Use fresh or frozen fruit to make your tropical popsicles- I usually start with ice cold fruit because I like to premake baggies of the ingredients to have on hand.
2. Combine fruit, coconut water, and 2 tsp. of honey if desired to start, blend until combined and desired texture is reached. My kids like if I leave just a little bit of fruit in pieces rather than completely pureed.
3. Taste and add more honey as needed, or leave it out altogether.
4. Pour into popsicle molds.
5. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until solid.