Time for a sweet treat!
Try these Chocolate Nutella Cupcakes With Peanut Frosting to satisfy your sweet tooth. The muffin batter is made of brown sugar, cocoa and of course mouthwatering nutella. For a perfect pairing with nutella, the frosting on top is peanut flavoured.
Send these muffins to school with your youngster as a treat or bring one to lunch if you’re a working mommy!
Chocolate Nutella Ingredients
1 ¾ C. flour
1 C. packed brown sugar
¼ C, cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 C. milk
1/3 C. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. Nutella
1 C. butter or margarine, softened
2 C. creamy peanut butter
4 C. powdered sugar
6 tbs. milk (you may need a little bit or more or a little bit less depending on how thick you like your frosting)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12ct. Muffin tin with cupcake liners (or use a non-stick spray).
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and sale. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the milk, egg and vanilla – whisk well.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix well. Next, add in the 1 C. of Nutella.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check the muffins by sticking a toothpick into the center around 21 minutes. If it comes out ‘clean’ they are done. Let the muffins cool.
Using a hand mixer beat the creamy peanut butter 2-3 minutes on low. This will make it nice and creamy. You do not want lumpy frosting. Slowly add in 2 C. of powdered sugar, ½ of your butter/margarine and ½ of your milk. Blend well and then slowly add the remaining sugar, milk and butter. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Once your cupcakes have cooled you can frost them.
**Makes approximately 12 cupcakes. 1 cupcake = 1 serving. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.