5 Free Every Day Life Treats to Pamper Parents
Children often get freebies as incentives to lure parents. Restaurants usually offer programs that offer free kids meals with a paying adult entree purchase. Often, you’ll find museums run specials letting children in free with a paying adult on certain days of the week. Even home improvement stores such as Lowes, offer free programs that let kids tinker and create a themed item they get to take home. It’s all wonderful, but these 5 free every day life treats to pamper parents are for moms and dads!
1. Free Starbucks – What parent doesn’t love a good cup of coffee or tea? You might already know about My Starbucks Rewards program, which will earn you freebies, but did you know that My Starbucks Rewards members at Green and Gold are entitled to free refills on iced coffee, brewed coffee, iced tea, and hot tea, as long as they are in the store? If you’re having a cup of joe with some pals and run out, you can get a free refill as long as you haven’t left the store. This also counts for in-store locations like Target and Meijer. So, grab a cup of iced tea before you begin your grocery shopping and ask for a refill before you checkout. It will make shopping so much sweeter! Plus, you can order a coffee, but refill with a hot tea or vice-versa.
Starbucks further clarifies: “My Starbucks Rewards™ members at Green and Gold levels are eligible for free refills on brewed or iced coffee or tea beverages of the same size (some restrictions apply), regardless of the original beverage purchased, while they are in a participating Starbucks ® or Teavana® stores. Once you leave the store, your visit has ended and any subsequent coffee or tea refill thereafter would be considered a new purchase.“
2. Free Entrees, Desserts, and/or Appetizers – Many restaurants offer programs that reward you with a freebie on your birthday or just for signing up. Simply visit the restaurant’s website and look for a loyalty or rewards program. Sign up and you’ll be sent a coupon or voucher for your free item. For example:
*Applebees – free dessert on your birthday
*Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream – free scoop of ice cream plus $3 off an ice cream cake on your birthday
*Benihana – $30 Benihana Birthday Certificate when you register via The Chef’s Table under the promotions tab
*Buca di Beppo – free small appetizer for groups up to 5, free large appetizer for groups of 6 or more on your birthday
*Firehouse Subs – visit any Firehouse Subs restaurant on your birthday (only) and show your I.D. for a free sub
*Houlihan’s – free entrée on your birthday, $10 off coupon just for joining the email club
The list goes on and on. Check with your favorite restaurants and you might be pleasantly surprised. Often if you simply mention it’s your birthday or anniversary to your server, you’ll score a freebie of some kind.
3. Free Cooking Lessons – Just like home improvement shops offer free clinics for DIY fans, many cooking stores offer free cooking classes for adults and kids. Williams-Sonoma is a great store to start your free culinary adventure. There are more than 220 stores across the U.S. and Canada. Each location features its own schedule of special events and cooking classes. Stop by or call the store for details on the next class. Bloomingdales also offers classes. Some bigger classes like the Thanksgiving class require $20 to participate, but you usually receive a $20.00 Bloomingdale’s Gift Card for attending.
4. Free Cosmetics – Most makeup counters offer samples that make great travel sized cosmetics for free. Just like restaurants, some brands have great loyalty programs that stuff your bag full of freebies. Sephora is synonymous with offering free items with your purchases, and if you sign up to be a “Beauty Insider” via their loyalty program, you can score a pampering product on your birthday.
5. Free Movies – Redbox already saves tons of money on rentals and entertainment, but if you sign up for an account on Redbox’s website, you’ll get a freebie instantly. Even better, sign up for the text club online, and you’ll get a you a free rental code texted to you on the first Monday of every month. A simple google search for free codes will also usually yield in a freebie, too!