8 Don’t Miss Eats at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
I have compiled a list of 8 don’t miss eats at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World for kids, the kids at heart, and even foodies with a distaste for a quick grab and go snacks. Most of these items are Disney staples and have become iconic foods for the park, and a few are hidden gems- located all over the park to satisfy your cravings.
1. Turkey Legs– If you have ever been to Disney World surely you have seen people walking around with the giant, iconic turkey legs. If this appeals to you and you have your big appetite with you make your way to Frontierland- don’t forget an ice cold drink and extra napkins for your chin.
2. Mickey Ice Cream Bar– Before your day is over at the park make sure to find an ice cream cart (or located in several ice cream/snack counter service restaurants). I am not sure if they really taste amazing or your eyes trick your tastebuds into thinking it is because there is just something about this mouse shaped treat that just draws you to it like a magnet. This treat is a MUST.
3. Dole Whip– In Adventureland, right across from the Swiss Family Robinson you will find the Aloha Isle and they are world famous for their Dole Whips soft serve in pineapple, vanilla, or orange-also available in a float. A great refreshment on a hot day.
4. Croque Monsieur-If you love a great grown up grilled cheese make a beeline for the Be our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland for this tasty treat filled with Gruyere cheese, ham, and creamy bechamel sauce.
5. Corn Dog Nuggets– You will find these yummy treats at Casey’s Corner, a baseball themed quick service restaurant on Main Street, U.S.A. Corn dog’s may be traditionally for kids but these crunchy, tasty, and fun sized treats will please the grown ups too.
6. Fudge– Main Street Confectionary is the place to grab a box of delicious fudge in a myriad of flavors. So sweet a little goes a long way, perfect for a late night snack back at your hotel.
7. Nutella and Fruit Waffle Sandwich– Located in Liberty Square at Sleepy Hollow, here they have this delicious sweet, gooey, waffle-y goodness, and at under $7 it is a super affordable option. This quick service stop also serves up iced coffees if you need a perk me up.
8. Lobster Roll– Should you want a relaxed, sit down meal but not a “fancy” restaurant the Columbia Harbour House is your spot. Located in Liberty Square near the haunted mansion you can choose from upstairs or downstairs dining. One of the highlights of there menu is the delicious Lobster Roll for a seafood fix.