Who doesn’t love hot chocolate in the winter? It’s a perfect drink to compliment a cold winter night snuggling under blankets with the family. These Hot Chocolate Cookies are a play off of the sweet drink. Adorned with tiny marshmallows, the cookies are easy to make and kids will love indulging in them. This is especially true for younger kids who are not yet ready to sip on hot coco.
1 cup Flour
½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ cup Butter, room temperature
1 cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Kraft Marshmallow Bits
1. In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. On low speed, gradually add in flour mixture. Mix until everything is well combined. You may need to stop occasionally to scrap the bottom and sides of the bowl.
3. Form dough into a ball, and let chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove dough from refrigerator.
5. Put marshmallow bits in a bowl and set aside.
6. Shape dough into 2-3 inch balls. Flatten them out with your hands, until about ½ an inch or so thick.
7. Press each cookie into bowl of marshmallow bits and set on baking sheet. Place each cookie about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will be thick and slightly jiggly.
9. Let cool on pan for a at
w minutes, then remove with a spatula and let cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Makes about 12-15 cookies, depending on size.
Enjoy with a glass of milk or a mug of hot chocolate!
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.