Festive Halloween ‘RIP’ Cupcakes Recipe
Cupcakes are not only yummy, but super fun to make for halloween! The delicious icing that completes all cupcakes makes it super easy to be creative when making a halloween cupcake. Even the newest baker will have no trouble making this festive halloween RIP Cupcake recipe.
The cupcakes are sure to be a hit with your kids and a great centrepiece at your Halloween party!
½ C. butter, softened to room temperature
1 C. milk
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 ½ C. flour
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 C. cocoa powder
12. oz bag White Candy Melts
1 small sandwich baggie
1 can of White Frosting
green food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease 12ct. cupcake tin.
2. In a medium bowl combine the ½ cup of softened butter, 2 eggs, milk, sugar and vinegar. Beat until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour,baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix well and slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients stirring until smooth and all lumps are gone.
4. Pour the batter evenly into the cupcake tin and bake 19-21 minutes. Around 19 minutes insert a clean toothpick into the cupcakes and if it comes out clean they are done.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely prior to decorating.
1. Carefully separate your 6 Oreo cookies – it is sometimes good to have a few extra on hand in case on breaks or if you get hungry and need a snack. 😉
2. While you cupcakes are cooling place about 4 oz. of the Wilton white candy melts into a microwave safe dish and heat in 20 second increments, stirring every 20 seconds until melted. This only took about 2 minutes to heat through. Allow to cool a few minutes before using.
3. Scoop the melted white chocolate into the sandwich baggie and make a small snip in the end. Pipe ‘RIP’ onto the front of each Oreo as pictured. Set them aside and let set 10-15 minutes.
4. Add multiple drops of the green food coloring to your white frosting. Stir and add a few more if needed.
5. Generously frost the cupcakes with the green frosting and place your ‘headstone’ into each. You will have to press down a little bit into the cupcake so they stick.
*Makes approximately 12 cupcakes. 1 cupcake = 1 serving.
**If not serving immediately store in a cool dry area.
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.