Easy to Make Cherry Pie Pops
Looking for a new take on pie? Try these Cherry Pie Pops that are sure to have the little ones jumping in delight. Not only are the pops delicious, but they’re easy to make. Buy pre-made pie crust and cherry flavor or any flavor your family loves and these pops will be made before you know it!
1 Box refrigerated Pie Crust
1 Can Cherry Pie filling (or your favorite flavor)
10-15 Lollipop Sticks
¼ Cup Flour
¼ Cup Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425˚.
2. Lightly flour a work surface and unroll the pie dough. Work with one sheet at a time and keep the other in the refrigerator to keep it from becoming sticky.
3. Using a cookie cutter, I use an empty 15 oz. can, cut out 3 inch rounds.
4. Add more flour to the work surface as necessary to keep dough from sticking.
5. Use a rolling pin to roll out the left over dough to the same thickness as the other rounds and continue to work until the dough is all used.
6. If the dough starts to get sticky just put it in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes to cool it down.
7. Once the rounds are cut, press a stick into the dough of one of the rounds, about ¾ of the way across the round.
8. Add about a teaspoon of filling to the center of the round over the stick.
9. Place a round over the filling, don’t push down or the filling will push out the sides. Use a fork to push the edge down starting next to the stick. Push hard so it seals the dough edges together. Work your way all the way around until you get back to the stick. If any filling does come out just wipe it away with your finger.
10. Do not try to pick up by the stick yet! Use the side of your fork or a thin spatula to lift the edge so you can transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Sugar.
For a shinier browner look you can brush with an egg wash before you sprinkle with sugar. One egg and 1 tbsp. water whisked together.
Bake at 425˚ until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
Let cool completely.
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.