Satisfy a sweet tooth with a perfect combination of sweet and salty, crunchy and smooth. Chocolate Peanut Toffee offers all of those pleasures in each bite.
Spanish peanuts are the star of the show, held together with butter toffee made with just three ingredients. An accurate candy thermometer and good preparation will make this recipe surprisingly easy.
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
3 cups lightly salted Spanish peanuts
1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
1. Prepare a 9-inch casserole or cake pan by lining with buttered foil.
2. In a heavy medium-size saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and honey. Turn heat to medium, attach the candy thermometer to the side of the pan, and stir constantly until the mixture is 290 degrees. Remove from heat.
3. Quickly stir in the peanuts and pour into prepared pan.
4. Distribute chocolate chips evenly over the hot surface and let them sit for 2-3 minutes. Spread with a spatula.
5. Allow the candy to remain in the pan until the chocolate is firm. (If you’re in a hurry, once the toffee is cool you may put the pan in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set the chocolate.)
6. Turn the toffee out of the pan and break into pieces. Store it in an airtight container. This candy tastes even better after a day or two…if there is any left!
Check out my other recipes in the food section of Celeb Baby Laundry.