Who knew that you could turn simple, plastic Easter eggs into such adorable critters? If you have a few plastic eggs on hand and a few simple supplies, you can make your own Easter egg critters in no time. These Easter egg critters are so fun for little hands to create and easy for your budget to enjoy. Take a look below at how you can make your own, just in time for Easter!
Assorted plastic eggs
Craft pom poms
We were able to find all of these supplies at our local dollar store. They have a huge selection of Easter and spring craft items to choose from right now, so head to yours to find everything you need for less.
First, let’s craft the bunny rabbit!
1. Find a pastel colored egg of your choice.
2. Apply the pair of googly eyes to the front of the egg. A dab of glue and firm press should be all it takes.
3. Now, glue a pom pom to the center of the face to begin forming the nose.
4. Cut some strips of white scrap paper and glue them to the side of the pom pom. These will look like whiskers on the little bunny.
5. Take a pipe cleaner and cut it into 4 inch strips. Bend the strips into a “U” shape to form ears. Twist them closed at the ends.
6. Apply a generous dab of glue to the bottom of the ears. Press them to the top of the bunny’s head until secure.
Now, let’s make a carrot!
1. Glue a pair of googly eyes to the front of the egg. A dab of glue and simple press is all you need. Make sure you add the glue to the shorter, rounded end. You want the pointy end to face down as a carrot does.
2. Twist some small lengths of pipe cleaners (2-3 inch lengths will do) into a small bunch.
3. Apply a generous amount of glue to the base of the pipe cleaner bunch. Press the bunch to the top of the egg, over the eyes.
4. Use a marker to make some facial features. Keep it simple. A smile is all your carrot really needs!
There you have it, your Easter egg critters are now complete. Give this simple craft a try and enjoy some frugal Easter fun with your family.
Don’t forget to check out Cele Baby Laundry’s other crafts and DIY projects.
Days of Our Lives spoilers and updates tease there’ll be some in-prison payback time for…
Young and the Restless (Y&R) spoilers suggest that Christel Khalil is officially on maternity leave…
The 7 Little Johnston spoilers suggest that Liz Johnston confirmed her postpartum diagnosis. Elizabeth "Liz"…
The Young and the Restless (Y&R) spoilers suggest that Tucker McCall (Trevor St. John) will…
The Bold and The Beautiful spoilers and updates tease Steffy Forrester-Finnegan (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) could…
Young and the Restless (Y&R) spoilers hint that Aunt Jordan (Colleen Zenk) is still up…