Bring you favorite pink bow wearing cat to life with these cute Hello Kitty Sugar Cookies. Fans of the popular Sanrio character will not only love making these cute and easy-to-make cookies, but indulging in them too! These themed cookies are also a perfect treat for the ultimate Hello Kitty birthday party.
2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
Wilton black gel icing tube
Wilton pink gel icing tube
Pink spring sugar sprinkles
Pink Wilton sugar pearls
Yellow Wilton sugar pearls
1. Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix for 1 minute.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time and mix until well-incorporated.
6. Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough balls on the parchment-lined cookie sheets.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Microwave 1/2 cup white chocolate melts for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
9. Spread the melted chocolate all over the top of each cookie. Place a yellow sugared pearl in the middle of each cookie for hello kitty’s nose. Be sure to apply the sugared pearl on the cookie before the icing dries. Let set for at least 10 minutes.
10. Draw a pink bow at the top of each cookie with pink gel icing. Place a pink sugared pearl in the middle of each bow. Sprinkle bows with pink sugared crystals.
11. Draw 2 eyes and whiskers on each cookie with black gel icing.