Rain Rain Go Away and Come Back Another Day! April showers are around the corner and what better way for kids to pass the time while cooped up inside than making this cute umbrella craft. Perfect for preschooler and young learners this craft promotes fine motor skills and motives kids to focus attention. All the supplies can be found at your local Dollar Store or chain retailer.
Red, orange, yellow, green, and blue craft paint
Foam paint brush
Blue tissue paper
Hot glue/hot glue gun or Elmer’s glue
1. Cut your paper plate in half
2. Squirt your paint onto another paper plate for a disposable palette
3. Use your foam paint brush and paint a rainbow onto your plate starting with your red paint, then orange, yellow, green, and blue, and let dry
4. While your plate is drying, cut a candy cane shape from your brown paper
5. Crinkle your blue tissue paper and cut into 2″ strips
6. Once your paint dries, turn your plate over and glue your brown candy cane shaped handle onto the back center.
7. Now glue your blue tissue paper strips on each side of the handle
8. Turn your umbrella over and it’s ready to display!