My family and I are currently on vacation in the Lake George region and we are making many wonderful memories. If you are like me and looking for a unique way to display your vacation memories, why not try this easy to craft vacation memory globe? Made from a few simple supplies, this memory globe holds the trinkets that made your trip special and are a great way to remember it for years to come. Take a peek below at how we made our own in just minutes, and how you can too!
- Large clear ornament. (Look for one with a wide mouth. Hobby Lobby has these for around $2. The wider the opening, the larger the items you can fit in)
- Small trinkets from your trip (sand, rocks, shells, ticket stubs, small photos, etc.)
- Basic craft glue or hot glue
- Ribbon (use a color and style that appeals to you, a thin option is best)
1. Begin by filling the globe one item at a time. If using sand or pebbles, place those in first so they layer the bottom of the globe.
2. Insert small objects next such as your shells, or even paper items such as ticket stubs or photos.
3. Apply some glue to the lid of the ornament. Secure it into place. This will keep all of the items inside in one place.
4. Cut a length of ribbon and attach it to the ornament. Tie it into a bow.
Your ornament can be hung anywhere in your home and displayed all year, or, you can include it as part of your yearly Christmas tree décor. This is a great way to remember your vacations year after year and all of the memories they brought you.