I love making all kinds of dishes for my family. For everyday dinner, I create non-formal dishes that can easily be remembered from memory. The main reason? Being a mom I have very little time to make dinners that have lots of complicated ingredients. I need a dish that can be made fast, but is nice and tasty.
My family loves Italian cuisine. My husband and I have visited the country many times and we even took our daughter, Ava, after her first birthday. After years of cooking Italian dishes, I have learned that a lot of pasta dishes are quiet easy to make despite looking complicated. Many of my go-to pasta dishes take less than 30-minutes to make from start to finish.
One of my favourite dishes to make Ava is my signature Alfredo Shrimp linguine. I often experiment with different ingredients to get the best creamy taste for this dish. That’s why I was excited to hear Kraft has specially blended their Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia to deliver a soft and creamy melt. The shredded cheese delivers a heavenly melt that is needed to make many dishes. It’s also an easy way to flavor dishes!
Here is a chance for all my readers to try my melting memory dish!
Alfredo Shrimp linguine
1 Tablespoon of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Clove Garlic
1 Large Sprig of Thyme
¼ Cup Dry White Wine
1 Cup 35% cooking cream
¼ Cup Kraft Shredded Mozza Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
¼ cup of Parmigianino
1. Add the olive oil and butter to a cooking pan at medium heat.
2. Chop/ dice the Garlic then add to the pan when the oil and butter are hot. Add the thyme leaves from the sprig to the pan.
3. Add the white wine. Be sure to do this before the garlic starts to roast. Let wine cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the cooking cream. Stir and reduce heat when the cream mixture starts to bubble cook. Cook for 10 min – stir frequently.
5. Meanwhile, bring water to boil in a large pot. Generously salt the water and add the linguine.
6. Add Kraft Shredded Mozza Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia. Mix till melted in the cream sauce.
6. Add shrimp – cook completely at low heat.
7. Add the cooked pasta to the cream sauce. Stir till sauce completely covers the pasta. To loosen the sauce and give a fuller taste add a little bit of the boiled pasta water (About 1/4 cup)
8. Grate 1/4 cup of Parmagianano cheese over the pasta and mix.
9. Plate the pasta on dish. Enjoy!
I really enjoyed Kraft Shredded Mozza Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia. In fact, the Touch of Philly created a melt so good, it was a melt to remember. Next I’m going to try the two other flavours of Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia - Creamy Herb & Garlic and Creamy Mexicana
Kraft Canada is hosting the What’s Cooking Twitter Party- And You’re Invited! Join @KraftCanada on Wednesday, April 16 at 9:00pm. You can win all sorts of prizes using the #TouchofPhillyCheese hashtag.
Visit the Kraft Canada website to see more yummy and scrumptious recipe ideas that include Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia.
Disclosure: Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Canada, the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect Kraft Canada.