Celeb Baby Laundry allows readers to get all their gossip on celeb moms while reading about my life as a mom to my 2-year-old daughter.

Follow @celebbabylaund on Twitter
on Google+

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

My boys are totally obsessed with jaguars! Actually, I think they like pretty much all big cats!

2. Rachée Fagg (@sayitrahshay) says:

I don’t think I have ever heard of big cat week! I love that this is something being recognized and will be checking it out.

3. Amanda says:

I love National Geographic and just got their holiday collection for my kids. We are looking them!

4. Michele says:

It is a shame that other species are dying out because of human over population when simple solutions such as is suggested here can be implemented. I will try to remember to watch the Nat’l Geographic TV special and will tell all my friends about it as well.

5. Theresa says:

Seeing the big cats at the zoo is always a favorite stop of mine. I think it’s sad they they are disappearing. They are such beautiful animals!

6. Ashley Gill says:

I guess I didn’t realize the trouble these big cats were in.. I’m not sure why i didn’t realize it… but its heartbreaking! As I was reading your post, my daughter asked me if Lions are real. Then I had to think back to remember the last time I saw an actual lion at the zoo… its been a long time. :/

7. Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell says:

This makes me sad so I’m hoping lots of people step up and help get those bomas built!

8. Amber Edwards says:

I never realized they are now becoming endangered. I can see how a Boma could really help diminish the amount of killings.

9. Jennifer Williams says:

I had no idea it was Big Cat Week, we are visiting the Big Cat Animal Rescue Saturday, I had already planned to donate to them.

10. Sarah Bailey says:

What a great idea- its so scary how many animals are slowly dying out. x

11. tough Cookie Mommy says:

I love National Geographic because they teach you so much about Science and nature. Their images are so vivid that you feel like you are right there living in the moment.

12. Pam says:

This is such a great cause. National Geographic makes such lovely books too.

13. Terry says:

So many of our wild population are becoming endangered. What and who is next… Humans? I remember National Geographic from when I was young. Great magazine.

14. Chrishelle says:

My son said he read something about there being more tigers in captivity than in the wild, so sad. Good for National Geography and their Big Cat Week and Build a Boma Campaign.

15. Tina says:

Wow, a drop of 2/3! that is huge! Although I am not an advocate of animals in zoos, seeing the lions at our local zoo made me realize how amazing these creatures are!

16. rosey says:

What a heart wrenching plight. Seems surreal that it’s fact, but I believe you!

17. Pam says:

I had no idea that the big cat population has declined to that degree. Wow! Bomas seem like a solution that works and I will be making a donation to this cause. Thanks for the info.

18. kay adeola says:

It is so sad that these beautiful creatures are disappearing and i think it is a great idea to teach the people to co-exist with them thank you for sharing this.

19. Amanda Love says:

I love national geographic. Its one of those channels that you can watch everyday without getting bored. I’ll have to tune in. I’ve never heard of BIg Cats Initiative before. Will have to look into it more.

20. Teresa Mccluskey says:

I have never heard of big cat week but I am sure to check it out a little more now!

21. Crystal says:

This is totally interesting. My oldest son has a strong love for big cats. He would totally love this idea. I’m definitely going to have to look into National Geographic For Kids. I think it would make for some wonderful additions to our homeschooling lessons.

22. Michelle H says:

There are so many unique and interesting causes out there and I appreciate every time I hear of a new one. Who would think of this if you didn’t live in a big cat area! Good luck spreading the word.

23. Melanie a/k/a CrazyMom says:

WOW that is a HUGE drop… thanks for sharing and National Geographics is my favorite.. love the TV show and the magazines…

24. patricia says:

I did not know about how much the drop in cat population. My favorite cat is the Tiger. Lions are beautiful too.

25. Aisha Kristine Chong says:

Wow. I didn’t know that.. I guess looking into National Geographic does makes you learn quite a lot. Very interesting, I’d say.